Are you a skilled games developer who yearns to build original games to a high standard within a strong team? Then this is the role for you! You will be passionate about games and understand how to leverage technology to make the magic happen. You’ll have a comprehensive understanding of hardware and system limitations, and be prepared to think laterally about how to achieve awesome gameplay and visuals.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly creative, skilled, passionate and slightly eccentric team who are fashionably located in deepest, darkest Kent.
We’re looking for someone who has the following:
- Excellent programming skills in C++, with a deep understanding of OOP and coding best practices.
- Familiarity with game engines like Unity or Unreal.
- A strong passion for computer games programming.
- A clear understanding of the challenges in game development, such as art workflow, performance optimisations, memory management and supporting multiple platforms.
- Experience using source control systems such as SVN, Git & Perforce.
- Strong maths skills.
- Love making games!
- Experience using Cocos2d-x or similar.
- Experience with mobile SDKs (Android & iOS) and frameworks (e.g. 2DToolkit).
- Understanding of client / server communication and data serialisation.
- Understanding of 2D animation principles.
- Experience with build scripts and systems i.e. Jenkins, Team City, Ant, Make etc...
- Experience using and scripting common art and 3D software packages (Photoshop, Illustrator, Blender...) is a plus.
Success looks like:
Our games are bulletproof, innovative and exceedingly fun to play.